Friday, April 25, 2014

I Couldn't Stay Away

Well, I had to go back to the farm.  I spoke with Andrea about it and she said she would like to have somebody who could feed lunch.  I jumped at the chance for this low impact job and began yesterday.  For awhile I feared I wasn't up to it because it involved hanging hay nets.  After one day I knew my shoulders wouldn't be able to take that kind of activity.  When I told Andrea, she said that hay nets were a pain in the butt anyway, so to just throw the hay on the ground.  Today I loaded up the wheelbarrow and put down two flakes of hay for each horse.

This proved to be entirely manageable and I am one happy woman.  Having this chore to do every day is a great boost to my self image.  I have not been able to adjust to old age yet, despite a half-hearted attempt to do so.  I suppose at some point I will have to admit to myself that my age and physical condition don't allow the same level of physical prowess I have always enjoyed and depended upon.  It was my hope that my mind would keep up with my body on the downhill slope, but that has not been the case so far.  Nevertheless, I am comforted by this small step backwards.

3 comments:

P. J. Grath said...

Cheri, I don't believe it! Here is yet another interest we share. Horses? I wouldn't have been able to stay away, either. Feeding every day? I'd love to find a part-time "job" like that!

karenwihbey said...

So glad you could get back to your horses. And the tulips are beautifully arranged colored pigment on canvases!

Bits Of Me said...

So happy for you because we know how much you love it..........