Saturday, July 12, 2014

Believe it or not........

Well, I guess I never thought the day would come when either one of us would be in the same room together again, let alone sitting companionably together at Tim Hortons over a cup of coffee.  Here is the proof, though.  Phil and I met yesterday in Bangor in an attempt to reconcile at least enough of our differences to allow being in the same room together.  It was Phil's idea that we try to reconnect in a way that would recognize some kind of family connection between us and the kids.  I had to go to Bangor yesterday for my annual physical, so we set up a meeting.  Phil took the picture with his phone........which I consider to be no less than magic.

Our meeting was not only congenial, but quite pleasant.  It was a surprise to me that I so enjoyed talking to the one person with whom I shared so significant a part of my life.  I didn't realize that I had lost track of all the good years of work and family life.  The casual mention of a name, or a place, brought those years assembling themselves into my consciousness again.  I can see that memories are not lost, only hidden, waiting to be prodded and resurrected in minute detail. Granted I saw them parading through my mind with rose-colored glasses, colored by their unexpected arrival.  I am glad I got those years back. 

I didn't realize that what I considered to be my life began in 1987.


1 comment:

Bits Of Me said...

Nice picture.