Tuesday, June 23, 2015

New Watercolor Attempt and Anticipating the New Car

I haven't painted as much as I might have due to my recent doll obsession, but yesterday I finally put myself to the task.  I like this painting even though it lacks the spontaneity I'm trying to regain.  It's pretty hard to just let go when you are so focused on technique.  To relax when you are working to relax is pretty much asking the impossible.

My "new" car ought to be ready today after weeks in the garage.  It evidently hid a lot of flaws behind its (to me) pretty face, and needed several repairs.  Also, the mechanic has missed a lot of work lately because of a sick wife, which extended its stay considerably.  Dennis is the only mechanic in town, and the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet, so there was no question that I would wait for him.

Tomorrow I am going to Bangor and I hope to be driving my van.

2 comments:

BT email helpline said...

Such a nice post. I really enjoyed reading your post.

P. J. Grath said...

I like the painting very much. You feel it lacks spontaneity, but to me it looks very loose and free.