Friday, April 28, 2017

Amaryllis Update

A few weeks ago I posted a picture of these two plants as they started to grow.  They were dormant for so long a less optimistic woman would have given them up for dead.  But now, here they are, six months later.  For awhile I thought they were thinking of blooming NEXT Christmas, but at the rate they are going now, I'm guessing it will be only a month or so.

I am completely unpacked now and settled back into my Eastport home.  I have not so far regretted my decision to stay here.  I have no idea if I have learned my lesson yet......will my desire to return to Bangor come around again?  It won't surprise me if it does.  For now, though, I'm glad I'm here.  I have even contemplated applying for membership in the Eastport Gallery again.  They are taking applications next weekend.  If I can convince myself to remain a member without trying to run things, I think it may be a good idea.  I doubt that I have been blackballed to the point that I will be refused admission.  Most of the people who were there and active while I was a member have left.  The ones who are still there may remember that my style as president was too heavy-handed...."my way or the highway:-)."  I have a reputation there as one who quits when crossed.  This is true.  I do not play well with others.

Perhaps if I take an oath of silence, that I will keep my opinions to myself, I will be accepted.  Either way it is probably a bad idea, come to think of it.  When have I ever been able to keep silent?

No comments: