Sunday, July 15, 2018

A little pastel painting, new eyes and ears


I meant to start a landscape painting to put in the gallery, but my eyes fell on this photo in an old art magazine that had fallen on the floor of my studio. I couldn't help but get out my pastels and go for it.  I'm glad I did because I needed a boost after all the failed watercolors I have been doing in the last few weeks.  Just as I anticipated when I agreed to show in Jim's gallery, I have lost most of the joy of painting as I try to imagine what will sell.  I hoped to be able to manage this familiar and inhibiting psychological quirk, and I still hope I will.

In other news, I have new new glasses and new hearing aids that make me feel like a new woman.  I ordered both on line and never expected the quality to be so good considering the price. It's amazing what a difference there is between cheap and  real cheap.  I had a little more money than usual thanks to my new case worker, Amanda, who applied for all kinds of benefits I never knew I would be eligible for.    I splurged on improving my eyes and ears with remarkable results.  I'm a happy woman.

1 comment:

P. J. Grath said...

Don't think about what will/might sell! Just paint from your heart!