Thursday, September 13, 2018

The Mural


We have slowly made progress on the mural.....actually a little more than the picture shows.  The job is getting a little tedious, and I look forward to getting it done.  It is a big, somewhat tedious job and I can only hope that the money we earn will make it worthwhile.  Payment has not been discussed since our patron gave us a down payment before we began.

Jim and I have evolved into a partnership where our individual strengths are maximized.  He does the drawing on the wall in pencil.  I paint the general scene, then he follows with the details.  I sometimes have to reign him in or he would be painting the keyholes on the doors of the buildings.......but he agrees that he needs that reminder.  He keeps me from being too lackadaisical. We were hired to do a rather "whimsical" painting of the town, not a photo-realistic representation.  We are generally having a good time and end each day with a mutual admiration session.


1 comment:

P. J. Grath said...

What a great, fun project!