Monday, April 18, 2022

Moving

I have been almost been overwhelmed by the amount of work moving necessitates.  I have mostly recovered from my heart attack despite the level of activity the move has necessitated.  Every day I make at least one trip to the old house to load up the car with the multitude of items still left there.   A few days ago I found a sleeping bag, bedding, a huge TV, and an empty pizza box next to the front door.  Apparently someone is either living there or plans to be.  Everything that I left there is still untouched, though, so I assume the new tenant plans to leave my things alone.  Just in case, though, I packed everything I could into Phyllis' tiny car, including my desk chair, many books of Indian flute music, and food from the cupboards and refrigerator.  The chair was a major problem both loading and unloading, but I managed it, in the pouring rain.  My printer sat on the sidewalk in a shopping bag for at least 45 minutes and I can only hope it wasn't ruined.

Anyway, though I still have some more things to get, they are things I can live without.  Of course I could live without most of my possessions, but I wouldn't really want to.

No comments: