Thursday, January 01, 2009

Sea Smoke


The new year started out cold and windy, but the dogs and I were not deterred from our morning walk. The water looked quite turbulent, with its miniature whitecaps making a hasty beeline for downtown. I don't recall ever seeing the water moving so fast. It seems impossible, but I look at the ocean and never remember seeing it the same way twice.

When I lived in my house on Eagle St there was a huge double sliding door across from the couch, going out to the deck. There was nothing but lawn between the deck and the water. I spent hours just watching, and never tired of it. There was infinite variety, and it changed so quickly that if I left my post for even a minute, I knew I had missed something that would never happen again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: