Sunday, April 18, 2010
in the face of disaster.
Today I framed the big painting of the crowd in Hawaii...the first one I did for the show. I found a frame that had been on Thelma's painting which was pretty close to the right size. In order to use it, though, I had to take the painting off the stretchers, cut off both ends and glue it to a piece of masonite. The piece of masonite went with a different frame, so I had to saw it down. The whole enterprise went remarkably well, despite the fact that I couldn't find either my saw or the spray-on adhesive. I used the jigsaw and some Elmer's glue, which worked very well. Most of my other things are framed, but I still have two more paintings to do and finish the framing...........I have enough time to do it as long as I don't drag my heels.