Thursday, October 07, 2010

Turning Color



On the way back from Harrington the other day I took a different route to avoid construction on rte 1. It gave me a chance to see the foliage, which is turning more colorful every day. I don't think this is going to be a particularly spectacular Fall, but each year has its own charm. Right now things are still subdued, which is more to my taste than when the leaves are outrageously brilliant. I was in Vermont for a week several years ago painting with Thelma and I swear my eyes hurt from the overwhelming color. I've never seen it like that in Maine and was certainly impressed. There's something about seeing the ultimate of anything that is a little sad. You know that from that point on other similar sights of the same thing will never be quite as good. I felt that way about Vermont. It was almost too much...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

pay for papers said...

Thanks for this post! i really enjoyed reading it!!!