Monday, March 19, 2012

New Paintings and Willy Update


I didn't realize how long it's been since I wrote a post. I have been spending a lot of time painting, and these three aren't the only ones.  Some of them have been obliterated, since I have only two canvases.  The top painting and the bottom one are the top layer of those canvases.  The middle one is painted over some other painting that has already been erased in my memory as well as literally.  I may have done more that have also gone down the well, already forgotten. I also painted over two old paintings where I didn't change the image, just the technique. I experimented with various ideas to change the harsh look my acrylics have always had.  I liked them that way, but suddenly turned against them.  I'm happy with the new versions, which I have forgotten to photograph.  I'll do that today and post them.

It continues to be difficult and boring without Lytton and I am still brought to tears when I think of him.  Luckily it happens only once or twice a day and I basically make my way through the mud that is my life looking for things to keep me busy.  Willy has wormed his way into my heart and I now think of him as part of the family.  He is endearing with his antics and I can't help but love him.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kpwriting said...

I was very pleased to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this great read!!

judith said...

No matter what or how you approach your artistic work there is a richness that , honest to God, makes me salivate... Judy