Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Before and After
Today, though, I told Renee, who is in charge of volunteers, that I would be returning to my old schedule in September. My shoulders have not completely recovered, but I feel that I can do the work now. I've been going once or twice a week for awhile, doing more each time. Yesterday I conquered the last hurdle...the dreaded manure pile. Dumping the wheelbarrow full of manure is the hardest thing we do (at least I think so). It was always hard for me, but I got to the point where I just couldn't do it. Shoveling is bad enough, but pushing a full wheelbarrow up a narrow board to the top of a huge hill of poop, then turning it upside down, is quite a challenge. Yesterday I found that by using the smallest wheelbarrow and keeping my load relatively small, I could do it.
Having thus recovered, I am going back four days a week. I will be glad to be doing something that is really worthwhile and allows me to be intimately involved with horses.