Friday, October 04, 2013

Two Projects

My attention has been very scattered lately and I have several things going at once.  Two of them are my latest wood burning and the sweater I'm knitting.  I saw this sweater in a catalog with a very hard price tag.  I liked it so much that I decided I would copy the picture.  This is the back, which I have finished in record time.  A pattern like this keeps me interested and engrossed, so I tend to stay with it for longer periods of time.  The worst is over now, since the fronts and back are much smaller.  I can only hope that my interest in the finished product doesn't wane.  I so often quit once I realize I have conquered the task and could finish it if I put in the effort.  What made me so process oriented I'll never know, but it certainly hinders my ability to finish things.

The image is one I used years ago as part of an illustration of an e.e. cummings poem that intrigued me at the time.  It still does.  "I am a man, I am an artist, I am a failure."  He compares being an artist with being a circus performer. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: