Thursday, April 24, 2008

Transplant, New Painting

I moved this lilac from the back yard on Wilson St. where I had spared its life when I pruned the trees there last summer. Survival is questionable, but I have my fingers crossed. It would be nice to think that because of my tenancy here there will always be additional beauty. If this, and the rhododendron, both take root, I will eventually have a spectacular front yard.

The painting comes from a photograph David took at the boat show in Florida. He has given me three crowd pictures to paint. I did this yesterday at Sydney's after doing the drawing the day before. These paintings with so many people need a pretty extensive drawing in order to keep the watercolor under control enough to maintain the image.

I'm having fun.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: