Sunday, May 11, 2008

Oil Painting

I decided to use oil this time for another crowd picture. It's from another of David's boat show photos. I worked on it yesterday and today, and I think the watercolor influence is quite evident in it. That appeals to me, since I like the look of the watercolor, but also like the texture of the paint when I use oil.

Yesterday Marshall had to replace the water heater downstairs. I called the electric company after I received a bill four times what it usually is. The customer service person told me to check the water heater. When I looked at it I could see water leaking from two places. I called Sue, my landlady, and she called Marshall immediately. I am fortunate to have someone who responds cheerfully and promptly to me as a tenant. She called to check several times on the progress of the repair, and again today to make sure all was well. There are a lot of people who make my day to day life so pleasant and free of conflict, and she is one of them. A lot of renters have trouble making their landlords respond to their problems. Thankfully, I'm not one of them.

I've painted the door and window trim on the chicken house. Now I need to put up the fence. A little work is still needed on the inside since I told Will not to make the nesting boxes. I like the idea of contributing something to the construction. I would like to have built the whole thing myself, but I just couldn't picture doing it.......and I'm sure I made the right decision.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: