Friday, July 25, 2008

Too Much Excitement.

The past week has been full of difficult and unnerving events that now seem too complicated and boring to go into. Without money, things that would be merely inconvenient and irksome for the those with disposable income become major catastrophes. Once again, though, I have come out of it all relatively unscathed.

Life goes on and the chickens finally got to go outside. I had to coax them with dandelion greens, but once they experienced the great outdoors they were very reluctant to go back inside. I haven't dared to let them out alone, and so I sit in the pen in my chair and watch them. There is a cat in the neighborhood who comes into the yard to hunt for the birds at the feeders (unsuccessfully). I don't know if he would be able to take down a chicken, but I'm not taking any chances. It's a problem that I haven't really dealt with yet. It's too problematic.

I have spent so much of my time dealing with and worrying about the chickens that it must seem that there is nothing else going on in my life. It's pretty much true.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: