Sunday, November 29, 2009
I spent a lot of time just cutting out the background on this. I learned a lot about process with this image. The big lesson was that it's not necessary to abandon a print because it doesn't look good on the first proof. I was surprised at how much I could change things as I went on....how many corrections I was able to make even though there is no way to "erase" anything. I see two more small changes I want to make before I call it done, but I am generally pretty happy with the results.
The more of these I do, the more ideas I come up with for more, though I must say that I am basically reworking old themes. The new medium just allows me to turn over the same old rocks........