Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Garden Update



Here's how the garden looks today. Miracle of miracles, I have managed to keep it looking pretty good thus far. I usually start with a burst of enthusiasm that disappears with the blooming of the Lupine. This year, though, I've kept weeding it and even went so far as to cut the Lupine down once it had finished doing its thing and was sprawling all over the the ground like a pile of rubble. I've planted some things on the other side of the walk, too, which makes the whole thing look much bigger than before. I transplanted one Sedum out from under the unknown plant that is taking over for the bleeding heart's space and put it with its fellow Sedum on the other side of the garden. It has been so deprived of light that it looks like a stunted version of its brothers, but I expect big things from it now.

The wisdom of buying annuals each year is beginning to dawn on me. The perennials keep getting bigger and need more room every year. If I had counted on annuals to fill in spaces while the perennials were smaller, I wouldn't have to keep digging things up. I hope I remember that next year..........
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ann Flowers said...

You have got a nice garden out there. I think a connection with plants means a connection with the nature itself.