Sunday, June 22, 2014

Finally ........


I was beginning to think it was never going to be warm enough to go outside without a sweater, but yesterday it finally seemed like Spring is supposed to feel.  Today is also nice, so perhaps this time the weather will stay seasonal.  Yesterday I could see from my window about twenty sailboats on the water.  They looked beautiful, as sailboats always do, and I walked down to the bottom of the hill to get a better look.  As I was standing there with camera in one hand and dog leashes in the other, a car pulled up behind me.  A woman jumped out with a very big camera.  She told me her husband was on one of the boats, participating in a race to Grand Mannan.  I don't know if this is a regular summer occurrence, but it was certainly a wonderful sight.  Because of the wind currents, I'm guessing, the participants were moving back and forth, providing quite a ballet.

The other is the annual Spring picture of my garden, or at least the edge of it that lines the front walk.  Every year it is more lush.  I move things around to make more room for the expanding bushes and plants, and I actually trimmed the branches on the tree next to the front door.  They were threatening to block the front entrance to the house, not to mention stealing the light from the surrounding plants. I felt as if I were mutilating my child, but comforting myself by trying to equate my hacking with the idea of a haircut The lilac that I planted as a little off-shoot of the tree I had on Wilson Street is about a foot taller than I am now, and more gorgeous every year.  The town is full of lilacs, and the wonderful smell is everywhere.

I wasn't able to ad my art blog address to this page, but I will keep trying.  All I managed to do was delete the links I already had.

As an aside, I would like to ad a personal note to my faithful northern Michigan reader, a kindred spirit if ever there was one.....Please send me the address of your blogs. I lost them quite some time ago.................

1 comment:

P. J. Grath said...

How kind of you to ask! And by the way, the sailboat races have started up here on Grand Traverse Bay, too. My blogs are:

http://booksinnorthport.blogspot.com/ (books)
http://shotinlight.blogspot.com/ (photos)
http://drawingasmed.blogspot.com/ (drawing)

Alas, I have as yet no chickens!