Friday, June 06, 2014

New Birdfeeder

Ever since I moved the table, I haven't been able to see the bird feeder very well from my chair.  So, I decided to put another feeder outside over the chicken house.  This is only about three feet from where I sit.  It took a few days, but the birds found their new food source and started happily chowing down.  I feel surrounded by birds now because they still use the original feeder as well.

A few years ago, raccoons found the feeders and ate the birdseed, and eventually the chickens.  Once I realized what was happening I moved the feeders.  I am taking a chance putting them back there, but the chickens are more secure now.  And the raccoons can't get inside the coop, which is what happened before.  If I've made a mistake I will be devastated.

No comments: