Saturday, August 09, 2014

Lilies, etc.

I bought these lily bulbs on the discount counter at Mardens late in the Spring.  I always question my purchases made at a salvage store, but I risked it.  They are so beautiful I wish I had bought more, and certainly I will get more in the spring.  Planting bulbs is a leap of faith, of confidence that the time will come when they will grow and bloom.  In my case, it is also an expression of my hope that I will still be here to see them, in this house,to see my garden rejuvenate itself. 

I am feeling increasingly insecure about my ability to pay my expenses here.  I explore the possibility of assisted living housing for the elderly ( a term I can not believe applies to me, yet it does), where I would have basically two rooms to live in.  The apartments are modern and clean, with laundry rooms in the basement and a community room on the first floor.  In my imagination they have group activities like playing cards, communal puzzles, and sing-alongs.  One pet is all they allow, if they allow them at all.  Heat is included in the rent, which is the only redeeming feature for me.  I try to imagine myself in such a place.

I see myself with no dogs, no chickens, no studio, no garden.  I see myself leaving this house I love and have lived in for so many years.  The picture is unacceptable.  Everything that constitutes who and what I am would be gone.  Yet every year my fixed income buys less than the year before.  At the same time the benefits I used to get because my income is so low are being  taken away.  Prices are going up on everything as well.  I try not to think about this, but as it gets harder to manage it seems that I am in a constant state of financial emergency. 

Well, there's no point in complaining about it, and I really am not complaining, but worrying.  It's hard not to talk about it because it is such a large factor in my existence.  Yet I know it sounds like whining.  Off and on I  feel overwhelmed.  I am happy at my core, though, and resilient.

4 comments:

P. J. Grath said...

There are a lot of us facing these issues and asking ourselves these questions. I hope you will be able to stay in your house for as long as you want to, with your gardens, dogs, and chickens.

howrang power said...

Download Guardians Of The Galaxy : http://www.gotgmovie2014.com/

Download The Maze Runner : http://www.themazerunner2014.com/

howrang power said...

Watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : http://teenagemutantninja2014.metroblog.com/

Download Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : http://teenagemutantninjaturtles2014.weebly.com/

Watch Annabelle 2014 Online said...

Watch Annabelle 2014 Online Here : http://www.annabelle2014movieonline.com