Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Two new works


Since I don't think anyone looks at my painting blog, I decided to post them here, too.  I am really having a good time with this woodburning.  I think everyone I do is getting better.  They look like illustrations from an old book.  I got this image of the woman with the cats out of a book of Rockport artists that was published back when the Art Association was first formed.  Her name was Edith Lowell and she painted in pastels.  After looking at her for so long, I feel as if I know her.

3 comments:

P. J. Grath said...

They look wonderful, Cheri! And now I think I need to wander over to the painting blog to see what I've been missing.

Cheri Walton said...

I finally figured out how to put the link on my other blog.....you were right....I could do it, eventually :-)

Bits Of Me said...

Very nice - I like.