Saturday, September 27, 2014

My future obituary


I am always intrigued by the obituaries I see in the paper that show the deceased as a young person and then as they looked when the grim reaper grabbed them. I decided to see what my own obituary would look like. The top one was taken the day I was married in 1969.  The bottom was taken a minute ago.  I tried to get myself in the same position (what a good job I did!).    When I was a young professional woman I wore make up, which is responsible for some of the difference.  I cared a lot about my hair, which is almost laughingly evident, whereas I now comb it only every few days and cut it myself when something gets out of line.  All in all, though, I can still see that young psychiatric social worker in the face I stare back at now.  There was a lot of trouble ahead that I did not foresee, and my face looks as smooth and untroubled as a baby's.  In the bottom picture I look tired and a little haggard, but I still have the same smile on my face.

I look good for almost 70.

1 comment:

P. J. Grath said...

You do look, and it's nice to see you! :)

Now, have you made a list of accomplishments, affiliations, and organizations to which you belong (if any)? I did that part once. Haven't had the nerve to take a picture of myself!