Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Art Day

This is the pastel I did today from one of the photos I posted yesterday. This time I used watercolor paper painted with red acrylic. I like the look of the red underpainting, though I think it's not as dramatic as the black. I'm happy with the results I got and look forward to doing more of the pictures of Epping Road.

I was so engrossed in my work that I forgot to go to the gallery to relieve June at four o'clock as I had promised. By the time I realized the time, it was almost four thirty, so I didn't bother to go. This is quite irresponsible of me, but it is good to be so excited about what I'm doing that I lose track of everything else. I look forward to doing another pastel tomorrow when I get together with Diana and David. We are planning a special art day for just the three of us since Diana has been so busy with other company.

Since my life has been so leisurely this week, I have been painting the kitchen cabinets. My kitchen is becoming brighter as I get rid of the dark wood under several coats of off-white enamel. Being a different person than I used to be, I am doing this piecemeal. It is a restful experience to tackle a job without feeling that I have to get it done in one session. Posted by Picasa

No comments: