Sunday, August 05, 2007

Food Show Painting


I spent the afternoon painting this picture for the food show that starts at the gallery next week. It's oil, so it needs time to dry. The picture of it is a little better than the actual thing, but I do like it nevertheless. I set up the limes and lemons on a plate in the sun this morning, then took the picture of it. I'm finding that the best way for me to paint nowadays....from photographs I have taken spsecifically for the purpose. This is a foot square.

Painting is very absorbing and occupies my mind. I think of nothing but color and light and paint. My only goal is to make things look like I want them to. I can control my world.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rabea said...

I definitely like this one! It is still hard for me to do still lifes!!