Saturday, May 30, 2009

Time Marches On


Here's the garden as it looks today, or at least part of it. This is about half of what is there. I can't get a picture of the whole thing without including the neighboring houses and street. I'm feeling quite happy about it, proud of the way it has transformed the whole end of the Water St.

My thoughts and a lot of my activities have been centered on the gallery over this past month. The time has been unhappily ill-spent. I have resigned the presidency, but will of course still be a big part of the organization. The details are not important now, but the story is a familiar one in my life. Sooner or later I find myself at odds with galleries, with the selling of art. It seems so far removed from all those wonderful ideas careening around the heads of the creative mind. What we do at the gallery seems to have nothing to do with art........at least not the way I understand it.

I was a great student. If I could have sequestered myself in the "ivory tower" forever, I would have.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The garden is lovely. The colors would make a nice painting MT