Saturday, May 02, 2009

Version 2

I worked on this watercolor with pastel, which I think improved it considerably. I also made a card for Thelma by painting the same picture smaller. She is still at the hospital as far as I know, though she may have been transferred back to the rehab center. She is being shoved back and forth as she improves and deteriorates. No one knows how it will end, but I wanted to tell her how much I love her and how much she means to me. I wrote it all down honestly and sent the card off two days ago. Betty Lou is visiting her often and has been keeping me posted on her condition. "We three are one," she told me, and it is true. What great times we had together..........a strange and wonderful threesome with our easels and paints. We wandered around, looking for places to paint, eating in restaurants, sleeping in motel rooms. At the end of each day we studied each others work and discussed what we liked and didn't like. We talked about art as if it were the most important thing in the world, superseding everything else. And it was, and is, transcendent, rising above everything else. We shared this thought, and were united in it. We cast off the other aspects of our lives apart and we did live as one. We are so lucky...........
Posted by Picasa

No comments: