Friday, April 20, 2012

Another Artist Painting

                                                                   
Well I think I've taken this pastel thing to its zenith and back down again.  This looks like an illustration in a book, not a piece of art.   I guess I've proven to myself and the world that I can draw, for what that's worth.  Look at those hands and feet........wow!  Look at the glasses, how subtle and yet obvious.  The shadows, nice complimentary colors.  The subject looks natural, relaxed.  The sense of light real and yet somewhat dramatic.  Like hundreds of thousands of others I can draw a nice picture.

I have to say I enjoy this sort of thing, but after awhile it sickens me like too much candy.  I hope I have had enough.  I hope I can stop before I throw up.

No comments: