Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Dinner

This ham was the centerpiece for Easter dinner with David and Thom. It was a wonderful meal and a wonderful time. With the ham we had creamed lima beans with shallots, scalloped potatoes, salad with home-made dressing, and cheesecake for dessert. There's no doubt that we know how to enjoy good food and drink, and no holiday goes by without a great dinner.

The day was sunny and although it was cold, it felt like the season is definitely changing. Plans for gardening have entered our conversations. Envelopes of seeds are scattered here and there, bulbs sit in boxes waiting to be planted. Today I put the plastic numbers 235 over my door........a chore I had planned for good weather.....and when I turned over my trash can the huge chunk of ice that has made it impossible to move or use all winter flew out onto the ground. I will watch it melt as it turns warmer. In honor of the event, I picked up the frozen towels that were still in the driveway from my efforts to get traction under my car's tires, and moved the bed frame that has been buried under the snow beside the front door, a remnant of my move in November.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bits Of Me said...

Glad you liked the dinner. We did too. We certainly know hot to indulge in food - preparation and consumption. "Eating well is the best revenge."