Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sunday Painter

Here's another version of the first painting I did when I started to relearn watercolor. I like it better, though of course I carried it too far. Basically, though, it's pretty good and I'm thinking I'm about ready to try something bigger. All of these last paintings are 9x12. I remember all too well that it's a whole different story when you go bigger.

Obviously I have rediscovered negative space, always one of my fortes. I remember the first time I got the concept. The painting was called "Celebration by the Garden Gate." I did it at Thuya Gardens with Connie Henderson. I was like a kid with a new toy, and I haven't lost my delight at creating it. It's always something to keep in mind, but with watercolor it's a real challenge, and the most fun you can have with a piece of paper.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: