Sunday, November 17, 2013

Knitting Projects

 

I finally finished my sweater, which turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment.  Each part of it was fine, but they didn't fit together as well as they should have and I had to do some slipshod repairs.  For me, the integrity of the whole project was ruined, so my feeling of accomplishment was significantly diminished.  It doesn't look particularly good on me, either.  Well, such is life.

After I was done I made the hat, and some fingerless gloves with the leftover yarn. I discovered and finished a sweater I started years ago, though I didn't feel inclined to make sleeves for it.  I left it as a kind of vest, which is surprisingly intriguing to me.  I've worn it for several days. Now I am moving on to some socks.  I'm not finished with knitting yet.  I observe myself with some perplexity........the way I become so obsessed with a particular activity.  I never know how long my interest will last, or when it will return after I abandon it.

It is an interesting life.  I can indulge myself completely, answering to no one.  I have no schedule, no obligations.  I'm able to follow my own rhythms.  At some point I thought there was such a thing as what I "must do" or "ought to do."  No longer.  I follow my cravings without questioning, self-indulgent to the extreme. And best of all there is no one to judge me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: