Saturday, March 31, 2007

Happy Chickens


It was such a nice day today that the chickens actually spent a lot of time outside. I have been opening the door to their house for several days, but they usually prefer to stay in. Wind is something they would just as soon avoid.

Lisa has painted many pictures of chickens, and I almost feel that she owns the subject matter. Hers are really beautiful, but I want to paint my own girls once I am finished with the work I'm doing for the June exhibit. I took a picture of them today similar to this one that will make a good painting. The sun is behind them and they cast long shadows. As usual, the lighting situation will be my main subject, chickens being the vehicle. (That sounds like it should mean something important about art, but I think it is really just words.)

No comments: