Thursday, August 17, 2006

Change of Pace

I decided to try doing this nude composition just to make sure that I'm not a one-trick pony with pastels. I bought a couple of pieces of mat board on the way through Machias Tuesday so I could try a different surface. I wanted to do figures in case I eventually switched to a subject matter that demanded them.

Years ago I bought a magazine on drawing with this image in it. I've saved it all this time, knowing I would some day try it. This was finally that day. I am very happy with the results. I hesitate to make such a statement, but I think I have found the medium I like best. I always thought it would be good for me, since it is a combination of painting and drawing. I've always felt that drawing was my strong point, rather than painting, and now I feel my instincts were right. Time will tell. Posted by Picasa

No comments: