Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving

The actual day of Thanksgiving started off very poorly, with Lytton jumping off the bed and squealing in pain. He continued to cry and couldn't walk down stairs. I tried to get the local vet, but he didn't answer his pager even after several tries, so I ended up going to St. Stephen where it was not a holiday. Jesse and Sabrina arrived just as I had to leave for the appointment I had made. I left them to themselves and drove through a blizzard to get to the clinic. Even though Lytton was diagnosed with a back injury, the x-ray also showed that his bladder stones are back. Both things are very discouraging and frightening, but he got a shot of prednisone and was feeling his old self by the next day. I have to ignore the prognosis for the time being and will call Dr. Cloutier next week about the stones.

When I finally got back from St. Stephen, I followed through with my plan to have Thanksgiving with the Bradburys. It was such a relief to be able to relax and enjoy the rest of the afternoon without pressure. I enjoyed myself immensely and felt so glad to have such wonderful friends. Phylis and Bob were there and so were Lisa and Will's four children, who were pleasant company and a nice addition to the group of adults. The atmosphere was comfortable and the dinner was fabulous. Just what Thanksgiving should be.

I came home feeling happy and ready to start my visit with Sabrina and Jesse.