Wednesday, February 06, 2008

New Jacket

Lytton has been shivering a lot, especially since he had his haircut at the vet's. Although I imagine more catastrophic reasons for this, I decided to test the obvious......it is too cold in this house for man or beast. Lynn gave me this jacket that is too big for her dog, Mike , to try on Lytton. It was too big for him, too. His feet kept getting caught in the armholes, making him stumble and fall. I tried sewing darts to make the body smaller, hence the sleeves shorter, but it didn't solve the problem.

Today I cut the sleeves off, and though he's not overjoyed to wear it, the coat seems to stay in place while allowing him freedom of movement. He seems to be shivering less, so I hope that is going to solve the problem.

My next knitting project is going to be a dog sweater.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: