Saturday, June 27, 2009

Morning Birds


Birds at birdfeeders make boring pictures, I know, but how could I resist? As I sit having my coffee every morning, I see them outside the window as if I were in an aviary. There is something so satisfying about anonomously feeding these beautiful creatures, silently watching from behind the window glass. They don't know I'm there or where their feast came from, or that their mere presence is enough reward to justify my doing it.

It's a little different from feeding the chickens and the dogs, who have no idea which side their bread is buttered on and don't care. They see me and demand food as if it were nothing more than their right and proviledge. I love their cockiness as much as the little birds' innocence. I suppose it has something to do with my feeling of omnipotence..........a benevolent god who smiles on both those who know me and those who don't, without prejudice. Because of them, I am giving without expectation of acknowledgment or gratitude. I judge myself by this act and am pleased. It is an all-encompassing experience of gladness and harmony...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: