Saturday, July 11, 2009

Watercolor Trial


After thinking about watercolor the other day, I decided to give it a try. I painted from a photo of one of my own paintings (an acrylic) that Thelma set up once for us. To give myself the best chance, I used a bigger piece of paper....probably around 18x24....to keep from picking. I tried to conjure up the spirit of Thelma and Betty Lou as I worked, imagining them there with me. Yesterday, when I started, I thought I was going to fail miserably, but today I am pleased.

Painting from a painting is like having a head start. I had already translated the objects into paint. It gave me an edge that I thought I would need, as well as chosing a still life, which I associate with so many pleasurable occasions. Thus setting myself up for success, I was rewarded.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elenka said...

Hi Emma, Found your blog....don't even know how...just cruising around. A fellow Mainer and artist here. Love your paintings.

RaineyDewey said...

Emma, watercolor seems to suit you! This painting is great! I love your still lifes.