Monday, January 25, 2010

Three Versions


Thom's photo on the left inspired me to try three different versions. It was fun to cut the woodblocks into so many different shapes and I like the results. The first one is a reduction print, the second is the woodblock printed over a gouache painting, and the third is the same block with chine collee. I wanted to see what it looked like to put the more color on without destroying the block as you go along. The last two are very small.

I haven't written much about what is going on in my life lately simply because nothing is going on but this artwork. I spend all day in my studio, flinging work after work on the floor and starting another. I even moved the dogs' old beds up there so they could be comfortable staying with me while I worked. I like being so absorbed. so focused.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: