Thursday, February 04, 2010

Dylan's Birthday

The rambunctious Dylan has reached the age of one. He, David, and Thom have survived his first year, if not entirely unscathed, at least in tact as a family. It is too early to look back on his babyhood fondly, but having weathered the storm the three of them face the future with smiles on their faces and love in their hearts.

I was the guest at the party where Dylan enthusiastically ate shrimp by candlelight and opened his presents. We celebrants also had shrimp (scampi) and drank a champagne toast to the guest of honor. How wonderful to enjoy life as we do, in small ways that become big because we make them big, important because we choose to see them that way, happy because we look for things to make us happy. Happy birthday, little dog.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY!! maybe this will go thru. It's going to be MY birthday next Saturday (the 20th) and maybe I will eat shrimp from a dog bowl! My early birthday present (to myself) is DSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I am starting to figure it out. I can hardly believe it! I hope to see you that day too since I will be staying with D D and T that night and be there for the gallery meeting the next day!
At last I can get your blog without the pin wheel from hell coming on for hours and hours. It looks great except your slide show changes pix too fast.LOVE,Din