Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back Yard with Bicycle


The back of my house was never completely painted because the painter was afraid of heights. The very top is raw wood that was put up after water damage to the clapboards. It makes an interesting series of colors there, while the face that it presents to the street is neatly painted gray with white trim. The space between the house and the falling down shed is the chicken yard, and my bicycle is leaning against their fence to hold some boards I laid across the ground after they dug their way under it. I love all the angles and textures and shapes. The only curves are the bicycle wheels and the propane tanks in the foreground. It's not a particularly picturesque scene, but it has a lot of appeal to me. This is oil paint on an 18 x 24 canvas board I had already painted on. It's a good thing I have no thought that my work will be, or should be, seen by generations to come.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: