Saturday, January 22, 2011

Fashion Plate


My mother would roll over in her grave if she could see me in this outfit. I saw myself in the mirror as I started upstairs this morning and noticed the array of patterns I was wearing. I thought of all the years I was taught how to properly combine elements of dress and how much it has always influenced what I wore. Little by little I have discarded the rules I adhered to so vigilantly. Now I put on whatever is handy and warm without giving much thought to how I look. Sometimes I believe it is a not-so-unconscious way of rebelling against my mother. I hate to see myself in the kind of outfit she would have approved of, so it is either she or my former self that I try to defy. Whatever........
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Renee said...

One could say that this is also known as one's personal style. I think you look great :)