Sunday, March 06, 2011

Two more....



It's strange to see this bottom image so big...it's actually only about 1 1/2 inches high. I liked doing my Szondi faces so much that I wanted to do another series. It occurred to me that the obituary pictures in the paper look a lot like the faces I've just finished, so I decided to use those as subjects. I did three, thinking at first I would do them a little differently. I used gouache on top of the image to ad a different dimension, but it turned out I didn't like the look. I went back to my old method with the third one and trashed the other two. Today I did the picture of the ballerinas......the entire picture I cut out of the newspaper instead of just the one figure I did before. This is small, too, about 4 x 6 inches. When will this cease to amuse me?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

judith said...

I really like what you are doing, . I read the obits EVERY day and often thought what interesting subject matter some of these faces would make...Hapyy that you are having fun with what you are doing! Judy

resume writing services said...

Cool! Author the best! Thank you!