Thursday, April 04, 2013

One Day

 I remember doing this before, but I guess the state of the world bears repeating.  These articles all came from this morning's paper.  I wonder if this is all the news, or if the editors have chosen just the most depressing (or titillating) events to print.  It seems that there must be other noteworthy things happening in the world.

I would like to think that good news is plentiful but boring.  I'd like to think that people like to read about tragedy and violence out of boredom with their own humdrum lives.  I'd like to think it excites them because it is outside their own experience. 

There is a violent, aggressive component to most species.  Dog-eat-dog behavior has certainly been handed down from the beginning of time...........one of the fundamental requirements for survival.  I suppose, then, that it's good that most of us get the thrill of it all vicariously.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: