Sunday, October 19, 2014

New Painting


I am endlessly fascinated by the view from my studio window and this is my latest effort.  It's the same painting, yesterday and today.  I knew that I didn't have what I wanted, but I was ready to settle for what I had yesterday until I looked at it this morning.  I had not in any way done what I wanted to do, which was to portray the strange light of the afternoon.  It was foggy and overcast in the distance, but the sun kept poking through the clouds and illuminating the houses in the foreground.  I failed to get the drama of the situation in the first version, and I'm not sure I got it in the second one either.  Still, I like the results and will let it stand as is.

1 comment:

P. J. Grath said...

I can see a big difference, and the light in the second version is much more striking.