Wednesday, December 03, 2014

A Little Progress

Well, it's good to find out early when an idea turns out to be not so good.  I finally mastered folding the square to the point where I thought I could experiment.  My thought has been that I could take old images and make something new out of them.  I guess I did that, but the results, at least with these images, are nothing I want to use.  It could be that something else would work, but I can see that random images do nothing.  I'd have to trust the power of my "inner artist" a lot more than I do.  I doubt that my inner artist went along for the bumpy ride while I struggled to duplicate a prescribed geometric form.  And even my choice of the piece of work I used was based on its size and manipulative qualities, not the image on it.

So, keep going.

(I ordered the book you reviewed, bookseller friend, but I still don't know how to communicate with you besides as a footnote to my own posts.)

2 comments:

P. J. Grath said...

Well, at least I found your communication. Which book?

I can't tell about your folded paper projects from the size of the images on your blog, but they look intriguing.

Cheri Walton said...

Casualty of War..........the examples from the text sounded like my kind of book.

So far I'm working with small pieces of paper, like 8x8 or 10x10. That way I won't waste a big piece. Each piece has to be folded into a 32 x 32 grid before you start folding.