Saturday, January 23, 2016

A Little Adjustment

Willy's unhealthy relationship with the birds forced me to make some changes in their habitat.  He is obsessed with them, and at times jumps up to get a better view.  He jumped off the bed every two or three minutes last night to run downstairs and check them out.  Patrick and I couldn't sleep, so I had to close Willy in the bedroom with us.  He accepted his fate, but as soon as we got up this morning he was off down the stairs as fast as his legs would carry him.

The table I originally put the cage on looked a little unstable and I worried that he would knock it over with his exuberance.  This "thing" (I don't know what to call it) that I had in the hall is a little higher and much heavier.  I knew that Willy wouldn't be able to budge it no matter what he did.  So I swapped the  two.  It's a great setup, with my old incubator light from the baby chicken days hanging from a hook in the ceiling over the table for heat.  I was worried that Joshua and Jenny would be cold, not to mention the projected bill for electricity if I continued with the heater.  It creates a nice environment, too, with the plants.

It's obvious that Patrick is unimpressed, sleeping in his bed to the right of the table.

3 comments:

karenwihbey said...

Congratulations! Parakeets are such sweet, pretty birds. I had one and named it Pretty Boy, which he actually learned to sort of say. I guess they're like TV for Willy!

P. J. Grath said...

It looks good. And the different species will no doubt stimulate each other's minds, too, keeping them healthy all winter. That's my positive take, anyway.

Unknown said...

Joshua and Jenny! How lovely. And that new setup looks just the ticket. They were meant for you, Cheri. They couldn't ask for a more attentive and adoring caretaker as you. xo Lindy