Friday, February 05, 2016

What I learned about Pop-Up Books


Earlier I ordered a book about making pop-up books.  I unearthed it as I was trying to clear off the dining room table and decided to get my feet wet, so to speak, by giving it a go.  I found that it is both more simple and more complicated than I thought.  On the table is my first attempt at getting the concept.  So far, so good.  Then as is my custom, I decided I had it down and tried to do a couple of things on my own.  The flower is the result of this fantasy.  After that I decided to go back to the drawing board.  Perhaps page 2 will enlighten me enough to move on.  It's another way to manipulate paper, which is certainly a recurring obsession of mine.  The book shows some amazingly beautiful abstract creations done by experts.  They are a little like the origami tesselations, but cutting the paper is the main tool instead of folding.

Oh boy, another toy.

No comments: