Friday, April 07, 2017

Two Pastels

Most of my art supplies are packed, but I still have my pastels close at hand.  Whenever I use them,  I love them and think I will devote myself to them from now on.  Of course I never do.  But this is what I've done over the last three days.  The first one is from a picture of downtown Bangor that was in the newspaper the other day.  I copied it (without permission, of course), and did this small painting from it.  I like it, even though the drawing isn't all that great.  The other painting is done on a piece of craft felt I had bought weeks ago for another purpose.  I had been reading about different grounds for pastel so decided to experiment.  It was fun, but I don't think I'll repeat the exercise.....too soft and unforgiving.

Otherwise life crawls on as I wait for news.  I am in limbo, unable to see where I fit and increasingly ambivalent about the move.  I wait.

No comments: