Sunday, October 30, 2005

Painting and Play


I finished the pumkin watercolor today and am happy with it. Now I will no longer be afraid of a full sheet, although if I have any intention of selling any of these watercolors, I will have to keep them smaller. I can't afford to frame big ones, nor can people afford to buy them. For the time being, though, I am just happy to be doing them.

The rest of the day was spent at the play at the Arts Center. It never ceases to amaze me what a great job they do, and this one was no exception. In fact, it was among the best I have seen. I decided to go only at the last moment. I was painting with Lisa when everyone there started to get ready to go. Will was in the cast, and was taking the children with him to the "green room." Lisa and I went and sat in the audience.

Last night Carrie called to tell me that she and Gabe are home safe from Antigua. In fact, there was no sign of the hurricane there and the two of them enjoyed a beautiful vacation. I was very relieved, of course, that my fears were unfounded.