Thursday, March 06, 2008

Wednesday's Work

Going to Sydney's yesterday required a lot of determination. We had a terrible ice storm with high winds and freezing rain that turned to a torrential downpour. I couldn't scrape the ice off my windshield so trod back and forth with buckets of water to throw on it until a small area was clear. By that time I was literally soaked through to the underwear. I took off my boots and my socks squished when I walked. I changed my clothes, went back out to the car, and turned on the wipers. One of them was frozen to the windshield and the blade ripped off. I drove to the garage peering through the deluge, where Jim Spinney replaced the wiper, and then proceeded to Sydney's, clutching my painting supplies and a big bottle of wine.

Before I left I had found an old watercolor block, around 9x11. It still has several pieces of paper on it, so I have several more opportunities to do small paintings. The one I did yesterday, another Epping Road clone, was a lot of fun and came out fairly well. I'm getting it better, but I should have quit on this one about fifteen minutes before I did.

Nevertheless, I consider it a success and am looking forward to the next one.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: